Gordon T. Carey, Partner
With nearly 40 years of experience, Gordon T. Carey, Jr. has proven himself time and time again as a savvy attorney and veteran of complex maritime cases. He currently serves as partner at Anderson Carey Williams & Neidzwski, LLP.
Gordon is committed to fighting for his clients’ best interests, no matter the circumstances of their situation. He has vast experience litigating admiralty cases in both state and federal courts.
Gordon makes a practice of trying several civil cases to Multnomah County Circuit Court juries every year. Gordon’s experience and knowledge will prove an asset as you fight to receive the compensation you deserve after an accident caused by the negligence of a Jones Act employer or another third party in the maritime industry.
- D., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1975
- A., University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, 1972
Phi Beta Kappa
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- S. Supreme Court, 1985
- Oregon; U.S. District Court of Oregon, 1977
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1977
- Washington; U.S. District Court of Washington, 1975
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Oregon State Bar
- Washington State Bar
- Maritime Law Association, Proctor
- Multnomah Bar Association
- OSB Continuing Legal Education Committee, Member 1992–1995
- Contributing Author & Editor, OSB Publications
Representative Federal Cases
- Providence Health Plan v. McDowell, 361 F.3d 1243 (9th Cir. 2004), amended by, 385 F.3d 1168 (9th Cir. 2004), cert denied, 544 US 961
- Stevedoring Services of America v. Ancora Transport, 506 U.S. 1043 (1993), reversing opinion at 884 F.2d 1250 (9th Cir. 1989), as modified in 941 F.2d 1378 (9th Cir. 1991)
- Stevedoring Services of America v. Armilla Intern., 889 F. 2d 919 (9th Cir. 1989)
- Marine Fuels v. M/V KEN LUCKY, 859 F.2d 1405 (9th Cir. 1988)